"J.B. Clow & Sons. Chicago"
Known today as Clow Valve Company, James B. Clow & Sons produced wrought iron pipe and other foundry products dating back to 1878. In 1890, Clow added fire hydrants and waterworks valves to its line by becoming a distributor for the Eddy Valve Company of Waterford, N.Y.
In the 1940s, Clow purchased the Eddy Valve Company and the Iowa Valve Company enabling Clow to become national in scope. This specific design can be found in parks and grassy areas all over Chicago. Most have just the star and the lines while very few remain that still bear the name of the Clow family.